Saturday 25 June 2011

Latest American update...

Finally have time and a few computer to update my blog!!
America is brilliant, everyone is super friendly and I have learnt a lot. I am in a bunk with eight Agawan girls. The camp is divided into Oskis, Cascos, Coos, Eagles, Kineos, Agawans, Zunis and Totems. My girls are 13 and have all just finished 7th grade (year eight). They are from Florida, NeW York, Conneticut and one girl is from Switzerland They will arrive tomorrow lunch time and will be with me and my co-counsellors for about 4 weeks. We then have a three day turn-around and more arrive. Usually people change age groups for the second session, but I won't find out yet who I am with.
New Hampshire is beautiful.   
Camp is on a lake, and the White Mountains are just behind us. We have had a few thunderstorms and you can see them approaching over the mountains. Suddenly the sky goes very dark and grey and it begins raining very heavily. This happened last night when we were returning from Walmart. It (Walmart) is the nearest place (about ten miles away) and often shuttles are run for staff to go and get things. Last night we had a Walmart challenge where we had twenty dollars and twenty minutes to buy as much as possible to decorate our bunk. My bunk has the theme Under the Sea.

A few days ago we visited Hanover -  a nearby town where Dartmouth college is based.It is very pretty and had lots of lovely shops and the campus to walk around. From now though, there are not many trips happeneing, until we all go to Burlington, Vermont and Boston in a few weeks time.

   Thank you for the post I have recieved. Yoiu get very excited about post arriving, and letter writing is a big thing here. If you send me packages they have to be in a jiffy bag or normal envelope and with STAFF written on them.